Dawrah Ilmiyyah is an intensive and structured study of specific topics pertaining to the Deen of Allah in a way that is endorsed by the traditional Islamic institutions.
It focuses on providing solid, clear and sound understanding of the key foundational sciences of Islam, not only for the student of knowledge but also for any Muslim who is seeking to strengthen his faith and wants to be steadfast on Deen.
The programme is a uniquely designed one-of-its-kind Dawrah, in English allowing non-Arabic speaking students access to the knowledge of traditional Islamic books.
Listed below are some of the highlights of the Dawrah program:
- The lecture will be delivered in a concise and simplified manner by Ustadh AbdulRahman Hassan, who has spent an extensive amount of time in researching the topics and learning from major scholars
- The topics of the program are both concise and comprehensive
- The topics not only summarize important matters of Islamic knowledge that every Muslim must know, but they have also been accredited by people of knowledge
- The course will be delivered in a summarized manner which is extremely beneficial for the student as it goes directly to the core of the topics, extracting the jewels
- The books selected for the programme are written by some of the finest and greatest scholars throughout time
- The teaching method is both engaging and thought provoking as it mixes traditional style of majlis seating with interactive Q&A sessions
- The program is an authentic way of seeking the most beneficial knowledge
In this 11-day program, you will:
- Know the correct creed of the Muslim.
- Understand Uṣūl al-Fiqh; rulings, knowledge, speech etc.
- Understand the importance of seeking knowledge and its etiquette.
- Develop your knowledge in the science of Hadīth.
- Learn about the sciences of the Qur’ān; tafsīr, reasons for revelation, the first and the last of that which was revealed from the Qur’ān.
- Learn about the life of the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ.
About the curriculum
Uṣūl al-Sunnah is a treatise by Aḥmad ibn Ḥanbal – Imām of Ahl al-Sunnah and the well-known juristic school – regarding the correct Islamic creed. It is a treatise that aids the beginner in understanding the foundations of the religion. Click here to download the ebook.
This is a poem regarding seeking knowledge its mannerisms, and difficulties one may face, written by Abū Isḥāq al-Ilbīrī an Andalusian jurist, ascetic and poet. Click here to download the ebook.
A poem composed by Ibn Abi’l Izz al-Ḥanafī, author of Sharḥ al-Aqīdah al-Ṭahāwiyyah. The poem presents a summarised timeline of important events which occurred throughout the lifetime of the Messenger of Allāh, Muḥammad (ﷺ). Click here to download the ebook.
This book is written by the author well-known for his magnificent tafsīr; Imām Ibn Kathīr. In this book, he summarises the science of Ḥadīth and the major terminology associated with it. It is seen – by the scholars – as the book to study after one has studied Nukhbat al-Fikr by Imām Ibn Ḥajar. Click here to download the ebook.
al-Nuqāyah is a summarised book comprising fourteen sciences and a summary of their contents. In this Dawrah we will be focussing on the sciences pertaining to the Qur’ān; tafsīr, reasons for revelation, the first and the last of that which was revealed from the Qur’ān. Click here to download the ebook.
About the speaker
Ustadh AbdulRahman Hassan memorised Qur’an and Buloogh Al-Muraam by the age of 10. He has travelled to different countries to study with a number of prominent scholars. He is the founder of Al Madrasatu Al Umariyyah, an online program in the English language for seeking knowledge in the classical way. He has studied with prominent scholars such as: Shaykh Saalih Al-Fawzaan – Shaykh Muhammad Aadam Al-Ethiobee – Shaykh AbdulKareem Khudayr – Shaykh AbdulMuhsin Al-Abbaad – Saad Ibn Nasir Al Shithree – Shaykh Abdullah Al-Ubaylaan.